Now the next adventure: getting back on the highway. Normally this is mundane, but everything is an adventure. We pulled up to a yield sign, but a semi-truck was trying to make a left turn in front of us. We were too close to our stop line for him to make the turn. He kept turning and ended up stuck. We had to back up. As we did, he rounded the corner. CRUNCH! He drove down the street. A car parked on the opposite side of the road had its driver-front corner crunched in. This truck driver did a hit-and-run. I ran down the street hoping he stopped for gas, but he turned on the main road and was driving away. I snapped a couple pictures. Next was 911 to get a officer on the scene. Luckily another person saw it and got his license plate number. Hopefully with my pictures and her license number the police will find him.
We arrive at Yellowstone without any more adventures. I don't think my nerves would keep up.
I was slightly worried I would not see any buffalo on this trip. The beasts showed up in force. We setup camp and then made a quick trip to Old Faithful with a side jaunt to a hot spring. We missed the geyser by about 20 minutes and couldn't wait around for the next one. That concludes the 26th day.






1 comment:
I love the adventure you are all on. So much to see in our beautiful country.
Post a Comment