Today we left Carlsbad and headed North to the Manzano Mountains. Directly on our route we stopped to look at some abandoned buildings.
These are the ruins of the Salinas Pueblo Missions. The doorways and windows had huge timbers to span the gap, but otherwise it was built with rocks and mortar. In the middle of the buildings was a smaller meeting place called a Kiva, which is a traditional Indian gathering place. This is interesting because these ruins were of the missionaries.
 |
| Always respect other people's and rattlesnake's privacy! |
After we settled at our campsite, I wandered down to the ranger station to figure out the water situation. The camp site doesn't have water, but there is a spigot down the way, but it was locked. Apparently people have left the spigot running all night, so they lock it up. I talked with the ranger a bit. I found out a bit about Albuquerque and where to go the next day. After I walked back to the camp site, the ranger pulled up on his gator tractor. He offered to drive a water jug down to fill it up for us. That is a good park ranger.
 |
| Go straight. |
 |
| Burgers and French Fries and Corn |
No comments:
Post a Comment