We left the Grand Canyon in snow, of course. The elk also saw us on our way out. Our next campground is the Valley of Fire. This is one of the few nights I do not have reservations for, but we'll deal with that when we get there.
On the way there we drove past the hoover dam. We looked at Google Maps and there are not many places to park an RV at the lookouts. We decided to just drive on the highway and see it from the road. The highway has a walking path so the cars are further away from the edge of the bridge and there is a tall barrier to separate the cars and people. With these factors, even from the van, we couldn't see the actual dam. We did see the lake behind it.
Next was the Verizon store in Las Vegas. We picked up a HumX device from a Verizon store 12 days ago. The HumX only works when can is running. But when I'm parked at a campsite I need Internet. We removed the SIM from the HumX and stuck it into a phone and it worked. Now I just need to return the HumX. The problem is that I bought it at an "Authorized Reseller" Verizon store. The Verizon store wouldn't take the return because it was bought at an "Authorized Reseller". After an hour of standing in the corporate store, on my T-Mobile cell phone, talking to Verizon customer service, I walked away happy. My money was returned for the HumX and I still had the Verizon SIM.
We drove Northeast to the Valley of Fire. The campground was full. But I had a plan. We filled up our 3 jugs of water at the campground, drove around to see the sights, and then headed to Poverty Flats. Poverty Flats is just an open field of gravel. RVs were scattered over about 20 acres. Everyone had a spot for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I love your blog. I constantly check to see for updates. The pictures are all so beautiful. Have you counted children to make sure you haven't lost any along the way? LOL
Post a Comment