Thursday, May 2, 2019

Getting Packed

We are almost packed.

We decided last year that we needed quick-dry clothing for this trip.  On one of our trial runs, we washed laundry, hung it out to dry, and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  I think we are still waiting for my pair of jeans to finish drying. 

For the past year, we have been watching sales and stocking up on everything quick-dry.  We did OK, but even tonight I had to run out and buy a couple long sleeve quick-dry shirts.

Tomorrow we will finish packing.  On the one hand, it's amazing how much we need to live, but on the other, it's amazing all the things we are leaving behind. 


It's also amazing the organization that is needed to get us out the door.  Everyone has a colored bag for their things.  I have a Google Doc with a Day-By-Day plan of where we are going, where we are staying, basic directions, etc. I have meal plans organized in Trello.  It seems like I have everything planned.  I'll be happy if the plan lasts a week before it comes apart.

1 comment:

Bob said...

"No plan survives contact with the enemy". I hope there's no enemy working against you, though the second law of thermodynamics comes to mind...